Sleep below 1 minute is a bit impossible in my mind. A few days back I really struggling to maintain a good and healthy sleeping habit. Since I arrived in KL (Kuala Lumpur) on 12th January, my body still getting used to adjusting with this country’s time which is +1 (hour) comparing to Indonesia (GMT+7). Therefore sometimes I still wake up until 1/2 AM in the morning since usually, I go to bed around 12 AM back in my hometown.
Then I stumbled upon a really nice article how to sleep below 1 minute. This article basically tells the same story with me, which a woman who’s very anxious because of something got a problem with her sleep. Then her friends told her to do this:
Fall a SLEEP BELOW 1 MINUTE Trick
Method 4-7-8 / The Relaxing Breath
- Breathe calmly through your nose for 4 seconds.
- Hold your breath for 7 seconds.
- Breathe out slowly through your mouth for 8 seconds.
It’s really that simple; I admit, when I tried that trick when I was writing this post, I feel wanna sleep right there. (I hope I still remember to double check this post because I really sleepy right now.)
Based on a few research through the internet, basically, when you’re sleepy it is not about tiredness. It is because of your breathing. Dr Andrew Weil, a Harvard-trained medical doctor with a focus on health, believes getting the best sleep ever is as simple as breathing in and breathing out.
This is a video demonstrate how to do sleeping below 1 minute aka 4-7-8 Method.
A five-step procedure listed below based on the video:
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
- Hold your breath for a count of seven.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
- This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.
OK, that’s it! This is as simple as it looks, but I’ll try few times. Let me know in the comment below if this method is working for you.